Pages

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I just found out something cool!

Being part of the National Writing Project, I get the opportunity to go to the national meetings every year (last year was in NY) . These meetings are held at the same time as the National Council of Teacher's of English conference so I usually pay the money to go to the sessions there. It's pretty selfish, the reasons I like to go to these even though I teach math. THE AUTHORS! Last year I got to meet Holly Black (Tithe) and Lauren Myracle (L8R, G8R), among others. A couple of years ago I got to meet Lois Lowry(Giver)
I just found out the OR Melling is going to be at the conference this year! A couple of years ago I picked up an advanced reader copy of her book The Summer King and completely fell in love with the world of faerie.

How exciting! I've never been to Texas before (heck, I've never been west of St. Louis) so this will be a fun trip for many reasons.

No comments: