Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

disadvantages of living in a small town

After meeting some awesome amigas for lunch today (Prater's Taters-yum!), I decided to run by the county library. The last time I went to the library it was in an older building and they didn't have much in the way of good books. A few years ago the county built a big, nice building and moved the library. I just haven't gotten around to checking it out.

I went mostly looking for audiobooks.
I was disappointed. They had maybe three small shelves of audiobooks on cd. The rest were on cassette. I don't even think I own a working cassette player anymore. Of the cds they had, none were anything I was interested in.
So I decided to check out their selection of young adult novels.
Oh. my. Gosh.
I have a better library in my classroom than they have.

So I left. I didn't bother getting a library card. Such a nice building, such a pitiful library. How sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bit torrent