Pages

Friday, January 02, 2009

Read this book!

This year I plan to showcase books that I think you need to read. These will be books that don't have the fanfare that the Harry Potter and the Twilight books have, but I hope maybe they'll become more well known.
I should say that I am not being asked to promote these books, nor do I get any sort of compensation for doing so. I just like them and, being a good little book nerd, I want to share. :)

First book:


Generation Dead is a zombie book. But these are not your typical eat-your-face off zombies. For some reason when teens in America die they don't stay dead. They become zombies, or to be politically correct, Differently Biotic, and they just want to fit in.
Daniel Waters has done a fantastic job with this first novel. I gobbled it up quickly and was anxious to know what happened next. Luckily for me, I was able to get my greedy hands on an advanced copy of the next one in this series, Kiss of Life. You, however, will have to wait until around May. Let me tell you, it is well worth the wait.
He did leave me hanging though. I am ready to storm his blog and demand more books! Or maybe beg to be a test reader or or or.....or just wait until it's published. Sigh.

Read this book. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: