Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Looking Back

Looking back on 2008:

*I went to NY with my hubby & best friend. It was the first time for both of them. We saw In the Heights & Rent (!). The highlight of the trip was going to the East Village to the Life Cafe.

*This was the first year that I kept a log of the books I've read. I read about 50 books this year and hope to read even more in 2009.

*My colorguard won 1st place at every contest except state.

*I went to Texas for the first time ever. (It was actually the first time I had been west of St Louis.)

*I met some of my favorite authors in person

*I signed on to participate in a picture-a-day project (it can be found
here)

*We sold our other house and finally closed that chapter of our lives

*We bought bikes....but have not ridden them nearly enough

*I took, and passed with flying colors, the middle school math praxis. Now, with one class next summer, I will be able to teach 9th grade algebra when given the opportunity

*I watched the Twilght movie in two different states and for a total of four times in theaters (obsessed much?)

*I learned how to make screens and screen print tshirts

*I Reconnected with long lost friends

*I auditioned for a role in a play at a local college and got a part! We start rehearsals in about two weeks. More info will come later on that.

I am sure there are things I have left out, but it's late and I am tired. I am pretty happy with my life in general. I have an awesome hubby, great friends both online and off, I LIKE my job and the kids that I teach and see every day, etc etc etc


I hope you all have a Happy New Year. Make it a good one :)

No comments: