Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Welcome to the South

For those of you who don't know- I live in West Tennessee (please don't judge me by that!)
We like things deep fried here in the south. I haven't tried most things that are offered up as fried (like twinkies, snickers, bananas etc etc etc), partly because where I live I really can't get it and partly because I TRY not to eat a lot of fried foods.

However I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try the DEEP FRIED CHEESECAKE I saw advertised at the Strawberry festival parade that I went to with the marching band that I work with.

O.M.G

It looks a little like a burrito, but its pastry not tortilla, and it has the regular cheesecake goo on the inside. It is dribbled with caramel (you can get it topped with that or chocolate)
If you like cheesecake and you find yourself in a place where these are sold- GET ONE (it was a little expensive though- $6! but worth trying)

~~~~~~~~
In related "welcome to the south" news:
This sign was posted in the Blockbuster today.

I shake my head at the fact that they felt the need to make this sign.....


also, this sign was posted in a local McDonalds

Yeah, we get 'em started early in the south....

~~~~~~~

I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer now. If you decide to pick it up, keep in mind- it's not Twilight. It takes a little bit to get into and it is a tiny bit confusing at first until you realize the point of view it's told from. I like it so far :)
If you are reading it also, let me know.

also, in a couple of days, I will post a twilight-related treat that I made for my fellow Twilighters

No comments: