Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

Dear friends

Before I begin, I just wanted to tell those of you who normally receive a Christmas card to that you were NOT deleted from the card list this year- I didn't send any out. (ok, I sent ONE, but I was sending a gift and wanted a card to go with it and wanted it to be special) I simply ran out of time. I had the cards out, ready to be signed and addressed....and just never got around to it.
I just didn't want you to feel left out. :)


So 2007 is about to come to a close. Some of the most memorable things that have happened this year:
Mark and I bought a new house and moved back to B'town (finally!)
We said goodbye to Harry (in a way)
I discovered Twilight (is there a way to put heroin in book form? cuz I'm addicted to it)
I went to New York TWICE this year!
I met authors and broadway actors
(Lots of other things happened, but I'm a little tired now)

But the biggest thing that happened- I began to LIKE myself. (remember the bathsuit fiasco this summer? that was the turning point)
Case in point: I happened to catch my reflection in a mirror as I was smiling recently and noticed tiny little lines under my eyes (I believe these are known as "laugh lines")
I didn't freak out, I didn't make an appointment for plastic surgery, I didn't even cringe.

Why not?


Because I think they are beautiful


*gasp!* did I just say that?

yes I did.

I have to like myself first and I've decided that I do.


Here's to the New Year- May you all love yourselves, love each other, and continue on the journey for which you were put on this earth.

No comments: