Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Pilgrims of Rayne- DJ MacHale

The Pilgrims of Rayne (Pendragon, #8) The Pilgrims of Rayne by D.J. MacHale


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I have been reading this series for a while. I really like the story- a kid-Bobby Pendragon- discovers he is a Traveler and must go to different the different territories that make up Halla in order to save them from the evil Saint Dane. He travels using a flume that sends him to the territory right when he's needed. The territories include current time Earth, past and future Earth and seven other places that are not on Earth at all. He sends journals of what happens to him through the traveler ring to his friends Mark & Courtney back on second Earth (current day & time)

In the 8th installment, Pilgrims of Rayne, Bobby must discover the turning point on Ibara. Of course, he meets up with Saint Dane who is mixing things from the different territories. This is a big no no. Bobby also breaks a few rules himself.

I enjoy these books because they keep me on the edge of my seat as it goes back and forth between what's happening to Mark & Courtney and the journals that Bobby sends. I would have rated this one higher but it times the story got a little bogged down with details, especially ones from Bobby's travels.


SPOILER ALERT!!!

The ending really annoyed me...what Bobby decides to do on Ibara was a little selfish. How did he expect Courtney to leave First Earth? What about Siry- he was now stranded somewhere other than the only home he knew.

There are two more books in this series. It is well worth picking up and reading but start at the beginning. I have several boys in my class who also love these books.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: