Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NKOTB

I went to the New Kids on the Block concert in Nashville last night. I had begun losing my voice earlier in the day -thank you seasonal allergies- so it was pretty much gone by the time I got to the concert (no yelling for me)

Say what you will (and really? are we 13? Why make fun of something that someone likes?) but I loved this concert. I saw them twice during their heyday in the late 80s/early 90s. They were just as energetic and did a good mixture of old favorites and new songs.

We had tickets in the second balcony. They were pretty good seats but a little far away. The Jabawockeez performed first and were pretty cool. During the intermission while they were changing out the stage, a guy from the Sommet came by and told us they had extra floor seats that hadn't sold and wanted to know if we'd like to move. HECK YEAH I wanted to move! The seats were amazing! And during one song the guys came out to a little stage just FOUR ROWS behind us. OMG!
I was able to smuggle my camera in (along with half of the audience) and got some great pictures. Here is a sampling:




I am so glad that they came to Nashville. Ever since I heard they planned to reunite I was hoping to see them again. They didn't disappoint!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had fun. My boss loves these guys. :P