Pages

Friday, October 09, 2009

September books

I plan to start blogging more than just what I've read. I used to write a lot more but for various reasons stopped. For now though- here is my book list.

September was overwhelmingly busy so I didn't get to read nearly as many books as I had hoped.

September

Lirael
~ Garth Nix
Magic's Child~Justine Larbalestier
Wintergirls~Laurie Halse Anderson
Surviving the Applewhites~ Stephanie S. Tolan
70


August
Ash~Malinda Lo
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows audiobook ~JK Rowling
Peace, Love, & Baby Ducks~Lauren Myracle
Startled by his Furry Shorts~Louise Rennison
Love is a Many Torusered Thing~ Louise Rennison
Sabriel~Garth Nix
66 so far (slightly behind schedule!)

July
Sea Change~ Aimee Friedman
Magic Lessons~Justine Larbalestier
Goth Girl Rising~ Barry Lyga
Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince audiobook~ JK Rowling
Eclipse audiobook~ Stephenie Meyer
Silver is for Secrets ~ Laurie Faria Stolarz
Red is for Remembrance~Laurie Faria Stolarz
Devilish~Maureen Johnson
The Center of the Universe, Yep, That'd be Me ~Anita Liberty
Something to Blog About~Shana Norris
Love is Hell (collection of short stories)~ Melissa Marr, Scott Westerfield, Justine Larbalstier, Gabrielle Zevin, Laurie Faria Stolarz
South Beach ~Aimee Friedman
Re-Vamped!~Sienna Mercer
13 this month
60 total for the year


June

Dead is the New Black~Marlene Perez
The Misfits ~James Howe
The Book of One Hundred Truths~ Julie Schumacher
Then He Ate my Boy Entrancers ~Louise Rennison
Looking for Alaska~ John Green
The Hate List~Jennifer Brown
Magic or Madness~Justine Larbalestier
So you want to be a wizard~Diane Duane
New Moon audiobook~ Stephenie Meyer

so far this year- 47


May
Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants~Louise Rennison
Blue is for Nightmares~Laurie Faria Stolarz
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel~Louise Rennison
To Kill a Mockingbird~ Harper Lee
White is for Magic~Laurie Faria Stolarz
Burned~Ellen Hopkins
Fight Club_Chuck Palahniuk
The Fashion Disaster that Changed my life~Lauren Myracle

so far this year- 38
April
On the Bright Side, I'm now the Girlfriend of a Sex God~Louise Rennison
Cabinet of Wonders~ Marie Rutkoski
Giver~Lois Lowry (read with my class)
Why I Let My Hair Grow Out~Maryrose Wood
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Thing~Carolyn Mackler
Boy Toy~Barry Lyga
13 Little Blue Envelopes~Maureen Johnson
Westing Game~Ellen Raskin (read with class)
North of Beautiful ~Justina Chen Headley
Knocked Out by my Nunga-Nunga~Louise Rennison

so far this year- 30
Goal for the year-100


March
Geektastic ~Edited by Holly Black & Cecil Castellucci
Oh My Goth ~ Gena Showalter
Hunted~PC & Kristen Cast
The Thirteen Treasures~Michelle Harrison (this one of the best written books I've read in a while)
Wit~a play by Margaret Edson
Angus, Thongs, & Full frontal Snogging~Louise Rennison (this book is HILARIOUS!)
Twilight Director's Notebook~ Catherine Hardwick

Books read so far this year- 20
Goal for the year-100

February
Kingdom Keepers:Disney at Dawn~ Ridley Pearson
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy & Goth Girl~Barry Lyga
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist~Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Night World vl 1: Secret Vampire
Daughters of Darkness

Spellbinder ~LJ Smith
Zombie Queen on Newbury High ~ ~Amanda Ashby
Prophecy of the Sisters ~Michelle Zink


January
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
~JK Rowling (Brilliant!)
Kingdom Keepers:Disney After Dark
~Ridley Pearson (A must read for any Disney fan)
Fade to Blue
~Sean Beaudoin (not released until Spring 09) (This one had me guessing until the end)
My Sister the Vampire:Switched~Sienna Mercer (Vampire books for the Middle school set. Really cute books)
My Sister the Vampire:Fangtastic
~Sienna Mercer

1 comment:

bb mumblings said...

sandi- please do start posting other subjects, as i am a YA lit retard!