Pages

Sunday, October 05, 2008

saw it, love it, need it

As regular readers of my blog know, I am a Rent fanatic. When i found out it was closing on Broadway I was devastated and planned a trip to NY to see it. I was giddy when I found out they were planning to film the last few performances and release it to cinemas.

We saw it Sundday in Clarksville. I LOVED IT! I didn't care for all the close ups and the shaky cameras (at one point you could almost count the nose hairs on one of the actors), but it was almost like being there at the Nederlander.

I've seen the show a few times so I know when to stifle my tears. There are quite a few scenes that are tissue worthy. I did ok until the end when the many of the original Rent actors came out to sing Seasons of Love with the current cast. I lost it. Bawled like baby. I was almost holding my breath to keep from audibly sobbing.


I have heard a rumor that they will be releasing this on dvd in a few months. WOOOO! Hopefully it'll be before Christmas so we can watch that Christmas night!

Here is our group today-minus Mark, the photographer (we realized that this is the same group that saw Rent in Memphis last November.)


No comments: