Pages

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Politics

I hate politics.

I hate that the choices we have are the only ones we got.

I hate the media has shoved this election down our throats for so long that I have considered not even voting
(I'm going to vote for a president, but only because I'll already be there to vote in the local elections-which is the only reason I registered recently)

I hate that people automatically assume that
just bc I'm a woman, I'll vote for_________
just bc I'm from the south, I'll vote for________
just bc I believe in God
, I'll vote for________
just bc I am a teacher
, I'll vote for________

Honestly, I don't even know for sure who I am voting for yet (and I've flip-flopped many times so far) and I sure as heck won't be telling anyone, nor will I be swayed by the media or anyone else.

Don't assume that you know anything about my political, religious, or personal beliefs. It just might surprise you to learn the truth.

No comments: